Effective Date: October 05, 2020
Information We Obtain About You
Through Galeo, we may obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- contact information, such as name, email and postal address and phone number;
- payment card information, such as card number, expiration date and security code;
- Galeo Account information, such as nickname, Galeo Account ID and password;
- username and password for participating third-party devices, apps, features or services;
- with your permission, the geolocation of your mobile device and connected devices (please note that if you do not allow Galeo to collect your precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the features of Galeo); and
We also may collect other information about you, your devices and apps, and your use of Galeo in ways that we describe to you at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
When you interact with Galeo, we may obtain certain information through automated means, such as browser cookies, pixels, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. Among other purposes, these technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with Galeo; (3) tailor Galeo around your preferences; (4) manage and measure the usability of Galeo; (5) understand the effectiveness of our communications; and (6) otherwise enhance Galeo.
Information we may obtain in this manner includes:
- information about your devices that are connected to Galeo, including device name, model and model number, group name and location name assigned to the device, settings and configurations, sensor data, error and malfunction logs, network environment information, current software version, OS version, mobile country code, mobile network operator, serial number, IP address, IMEI number, MAC address, SIM card, WiFi SSID and password, and device/appliance Automation Name and Configuration information;
- information about your use of the Galeo website or mobile apps, including app settings, connections to other devices, your interactions with Galeo (such as the app and web pages you visit, search terms and features you use), clickstream data, the pages that led or referred you to the Galeo website or mobile apps, and dates and times of your use of the Galeo website or mobile apps.
Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device. Galeo is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use or benefit from all of the features of Galeo.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
We may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of Galeo and to help administer the Galeo website. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Online Tracking And Interest-Based Advertising
How We Use The Information We Obtain
- to provide you with Galeo and other integrated products and services;
- to link your Galeo Account to connected third-party devices, apps, features or services;
- to respond to your requests and inquiries; to communicate with you about Galeo;
- to provide you with notifications, content, alerts, offers, customized recommendations, promotions, marketing information, communications, and advertisements in connection with Galeo and other Galeo products and services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services and Galeo; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services, consumer base and Galeo; aggregating and anonymizing data and performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
Through Galeo, we may collect personal information about your online activities on connected devices over time and across third-party devices, apps, and other online features and services.
We may share your personal information with (1) our subsidiaries and affiliates and (2) our service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize our service providers to retain, use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may share your personal information with wireless carriers.
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent. In addition, we may share personal information we collect through Galeo at your request.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Notice To California Residents
Links To Other Devices, Apps and Features
Galeo may provide the ability to connect to other devices, apps and features. These devices, apps and features may operate independently from us and may have their own notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked device, app or feature is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the device, app or feature, or the privacy practices of the operator of the device, app or feature.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us or submit a request, please contact us at https://www.findgaleo.com/contact-us
Please note that if you decline to allow Galeo to collect or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through Galeo.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through Galeo against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How To Contact Us
The Galeo Group, 1810 NDSU Research Circle N. Fargo, ND 58102